8.18.2010

Saucy review
As promised.

The excitement was building as we drove to Red Butte Gardens last night. It had been along time since the last outdoor concert...Wow... a really long time. Last one was The Steve Miller Band. Tom and I had just started dating. I wore combat boots, cut off shorts, which were guaranteed too short, and a  red tie dye shirt. My hair was long, straight and parted in the middle. Of course, no make up. I thought  I was a hippie. Tom's hair was also long, straight and parted in the middle. Too bad I don't have any pictures... We could have all shared in the moment. Anyway, as we pulled into the parking lot, we had never seen so many Volvos and *Prioria in one concentrated area ever before.Which right away gave me a sense of unity...Of course Tom and I being on the outside of their unanimity. (We should have never sold the Volvo) But I was pleased for them.
*Fun Fact:

Have you ever wondered what the plural form of Prius is? In case you thought it was Prii or Priuses you would be wrong. If you want to be scrupulously correct when you refer to your fleet of Toyota hybrid vehicles, it's Priora.  According to wired.com  "Prius is the neuter nominative/accusative singular form of the adjective prior, so the neuter plural is Priora."

Read More about this fun fact here

The weather was a bit warm at first (piping, scorching, oven like) but after about an hour, we got a cool breeze and  the sun went down and it was perfectly pleasant.

While we waited for the show to start I wandered over to the food concessions, you know I love to eat. What a treat to find out Whole Foods was taking care of the  food department. (Major sarcasm) I starved. Ten Dollar cheese and fruit cup? No thanks.  Fifteen dollar cheese and cracker tray?  Only if it comes with wine,which I wouldn't be drinking anyway. Nine dollar hummus wrap? I would rather eat dirt. The good news is... I can go without the food, as long as I have a Diet Coke (That's the WT in me.) But when I asked where I could purchase one, the friendly cashier looked at me like I was speaking a different language... I  may as well asked her if she wouldn't mind finding the nearest cow, slaughtering  it, skinning it, making a leather jacket out of it and throwing the rest on a spigot. Sorry to offend, lady. Next time I'll just bring my own.

Well once again, I have spent most of my time recapping the most unimportant parts of the whole show and have failed to write about the stuff I actually set out to discuss...But now it is time for me to go. 

I will quickly say, Mr. Hansard was wonderful, charming and definitely had the quick wit that I love so much. I found Ms. Irglova  even more fetching than I ever thought possible. ( I really love her!)  I have to say I was entertained from start to finish.The best part was when Tom and I went down to the front row and were so close to them we could see the magic in their eyes. Glen wore a smile the whole time. His guitar solos were captivating... I never wanted it to end.  Of course, it did end. For the encore they played Gold, which isn't one of my favorites, but then they ended with High Horses... Which is one of their best. All in all, a great night. They really know how to put on a show. 

Dang it! There is no sauce in this review. I am sorry, if you want some perhaps the Whole Foods cashier can help you.


No comments: