12.27.2010

Christmas 
with the whole family
.
I am not a  Christmas groupie. I never have been. I have such a hard time with the whole commercialization of the entire holiday. Starting with the wretched music that is now being played the day after Halloween. I mean, have you actually stopped and listened to the lyrics of half of these songs? They are unbefitting and some... quite creepy.  Then there is Santa Claus. The whole Santa idea is erroneous, he confuses the children as to whom they are suppose to be celebrating...and talk about creepy... Next, the horrible TV and radio commercials. (If you truly love your loved ones, you will buy them this and this and this.Oh, and if you super love that special someone, you will buy him/her a Lexus, and put a big red bow on top of it...) I know, I know, I sound like Scrooge. And for that I make no apologies. I think it's high time we stand together and put a stop to buying into all of the holiday slipshod. Speaking of slipshod, would I be pushing it if I also requested a halt to our kindergartners singing "I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas"?
.
Yes, I am being hypocritical... I write in this blog my ideals. Not my realisms.
.
So here are some pictures. Bare with us... As we did indeed don our gay apparel.  I hope you all had a very merry Christmas. I know we did.



No comments: