12.31.2010

 The New Year 
You are doing alright

I will start by saying it is important to always try for self betterment. When is a more opportune time than the new year to strive for this?  It's tradition to come up with lists and goals that will help get you however many steps closer to being the best you can be. However, sometimes making that list can be discouraging, bewildering and down right depressing... I know it is for me. I start to focus on how second rate I have let myself become. So yes, I made a list. It was just about the same list as it is every year.

Here is the short (of a very long) list for 2011:

  • Read your scriptures every night before you go to bed
  • Try to make dinner at least 3 times a week
  • Spend less & Save more
  • Discontinue your love affair with  Diet Coke
  • Improve your laundry skills
  • Have more faith that things will work out
. (I'll do my best)
BUT

As I wrote that list, I realized I have a some habits that I kinda love and certain things about myself  that I’d hate to change. So... I have decided to yes, focus on some self improvement, but I also want to focus on some of the positive things  I am already doing. Some things I don't want to change. Things that can make me say "Hey, you are doing alright."

         SO... My 2011 Keep up the good work list:
.
.    .

  • Keep drinking all that water in the morning. You are doing great
  • You make a wicked mean  green drink. Nothing is better for you and the children
  • You hardly ever watch TV. I am so proud of  you
  • You do a really good job making sure all the lights in the house are off when you leave
  • You try your best to make a yummy Sunday dinner
  • You haven't missed one month of visiting teaching all year
  • You take such good care of your skin. (And I think it shows)
  • Keep trying to be a good friend to those you love and even those you don't know
  • You can count on one, maybe two hands how many times you have gone a whole day without brushing your hair
  • You are a brave girl. Not many things scare or intimidate you
  • Your enchiladas are only getting better and better
  •  Keep waking up with a smile. Being sprightly in the morning either helps everyone else be cheerful or is irritating enough to drive people to a frenetic state. Either way, you win 
  • I am pretty sure you brushed your teeth every night and every morning. Three cheers for good hygiene
  • You have a great relationship with your family. That is everything to you
  • You are not afraid to stand up for yourself or your loved ones
  • When times get hard, don't forget you are a great  mom and wife. You are doing what you love

No comments: