6.25.2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARRETT


Dear Garrett,

There is so much I want to tell you... Starting with how cool you are. You just are. Everything about you from your sense of style, your sense of humour to your interests and hobbies. Your witty comments always have us laughing and your smart comments always have us wondering. I love that you are a leader.  You are brave and smart and you always stand up for what is right. Even if it's not the "cool" thing to do. I can not. can not.  believe you are fifteen years old. Part of me is terrified and broken hearted you are getting so old, so fast...Afraid  I will lose you to girls, friends and adulthood...But part of me is so excited to see you reach your potential as you go through high school, your mission, college, etc. Your future is so bright. All the world is out there, just waiting for you to take your place in it...I hope it's ready for you.

Everytime I think back to when you were just a little boy, my favorite memory is our Thursday nights together. Daddy would be out and you and I would  just plan on that as our night. We always made cookies... And as we would take our first bites we would  say to eachother, "Are you ready for heaven?"  When I would make bread from the bread machine you would call it "mega bread" and although I don't know why you called it that, now everyone calls it that. Because of you, the entire Valerga family adds a "y" on the end of every word.... To this day, I will here Uncle Brandon say "Are we out of milky?"  I hear Aunt Jackie say "Ugh! I have to go to worky!" I hear myself saying "All I want is a nice hot bathy"... And of course, we can't forget the time Daddy went through the McDonalds drive thru and ordered "One ten piece of your chicky nuggies, please." Without realizing he even said it. 

Garrett, you changed not only mine and daddy's world, you turned every single member of our families lives  upside down and made this world a place where none of us ever wanted to know what it was like without you.  I love you so much. I am so proud to call myself your mom. Happy Birthday, Sweetie.

No comments: