7.22.2011

 Speech. less.


I don't know what to say about this film. Anything I try to type, I delete because nothing can describe how it made me feel.  I cried myself to sleep after watching this, it was the single bravest movie I have ever seen. (Rivaling and surpassing Life is Beautiful.)  Based on a true story in Tokyo, A twelve year old boy is forced to take care of his three younger siblings. These four children, who not only exactly mirror the personalities and age position of my own children, left me heartbroken and wishing I could do more as a mother, a woman and a human being. You need to be strong to see this film, but I highly recommend you find the strength to do so. It will inspire you to be more charitable, grateful, benevolent, compassionate and perhaps it will  rip you out of your own world  and your eyes will open to an entire world of others who are facing adversity.


I could go on for hours and hours about how absolutely amazingly powerful this film was. But I know I could never do it justice... So I won't insult it.




No comments: