7.16.2011

 I Hate Scotland
 by Ballboy

Sometimes in my life
I take all my hopes and dreams
All my ambitions and all my aspirations
And i give them all up
Trade them all in
Put them all to one side

For a springboard
And a pair of shorts
And a plain white t-shirt
And the ability to do a perfect back flip

I think if i could do it
The seconds would feel like hours to me
It would be like medicine
Staying with me during the days and during the weeks
When I'm just pushing on
Just getting by

And it's funny how your life is
It's funny how you can spend years and years
Building up layer by layer
And then throw it all away in a second

And I'm not all what i used to be
And although I've more or less accepted it
Although I'm no longer trying to change it
I still regret it
I regret it every day

I'm not all what i used to be

Maybe it's Scotland i hate
I know i hate so many things about it
I hate the way punishments are the heart of everything
I hate the way parents beat their children
I hate the way everything always has to be someone's fault
Even though some things just happened
Some things just happened!

I hate the way people bring up their children
To be exactly the same as they are
Just so they can justify the way they've lived their lives

I hate the way we expect to fail
And then we fail
And then we get bitter because we failed

Maybe it's Scotland i hate

Maybe Scotland's got nothing to do with it
Maybe all this has got nothing to do with anything

But i know that i would give it all up
Trade it all in

A springboard
And a pair of shorts
And a plain white t-shirt
And a perfect back flip

I'd give it all up for that

No comments: