8.01.2011

The Day to Day

The last few days, I have been experiencing some anxiety. I start to feel like I can't breathe, as if something is pushing down on my chest and preventing me from inhaling... With that comes claustrophobia... And with that comes more anxiety...

Yesterday we went to visit my parents after church, my mom sent me home with the leftover food. Roast and potatoes. Dowse the roast in ketchup and I've got myself one of my top comfort meals. I enjoyed my second serving of that right when we got home. 
.
I ran late last night. It started as a brisk walk, I was just hoping to be filled with the cool night air and if I got lucky, perhaps I'd feel some rain drops. I couldn't find my Ipod, so I borrowed Garrett's. Much to my surprise (not really) he had deleted most of the music I had shared with him and he filled his Ipod with...different music. At first I was slightly bummed by the fact that not only is my son deviating from the music he was raised on, but that I was about to undergo an entire night filled with his underground rap/techno/metal blend...with just a touch of "Matt and Kim" tunes. 
.
As I was out there by myself in the middle of the night, I just listened to this music and I kinda lost myself in it. Before I knew it, I was running (which I haven't done in a long, long time). I just ran. For about an hour and a half I was able to think. It felt good. I thought about some funny things and I thought of sad things as well. Everybody goes through things. Good and bad... Everyone struggles, it's the hardships that makes us grow, right?
.
I didn't rain last night.
.
Today we had to wake up early to get the children to their swimming lessons. While we were there, it finally rained. I love the rain. It seems to make everything better.
.
I received my fifteen year high school reunion invite via facebook today. It'll be a cold day in hell...

1 comment:

Rob said...

Ketchup on roast for Sunday dinner?...Must be Willow Creek thing.