9.05.2009

Slow and Steady wins the race?


I guess we will see

This has been a long time coming. When we were finally ready to begin this love child of ours, we ran into a small... large actually... snag. The architect and myself overlooked the building envelope and designed a house that was much to big for the lot. Lucky for everyone involved, I love designing homes more than anything else, so I went back to the drawing board and redesigned the floor plan to fit the lot. Unfortunately for everyone involved, I had to take my sweet time. These matters can not be rushed. So to make a short story long, We had to wait another couple months, but no worry, we are now ready to start.



Yay for the hole and the foundation. The lot took a lot of preparation. It took one week and six thousand dollars just to remove all the dirt. Every time we build a house we swear we will pick out a flat lot, NEVER happens. Flat lots are so dull.

No comments: