10.15.2010

Somewhere
By Sofia Coppola

Tom and I saw this preview a few weeks ago while at our movie theater of choice in Salt Lake.  I think Sofia Coppola is brilliant. Truly, who doesn't love Lost in Translation? And who doesn't love Stephen Dorff? Also, Elle Fanning, who played a young Cate Blanchett in Benjamin Button, is absolutely stunning. I think she has a very bright future ahead of her.

This movie is scheduled to come out on December 22 in limited release. You and I both know what that means.  It's not going to be released in my county. A little ridiculous? Don't get me started...

The song in this trailer is I'll Try Anything Once by The Strokes. I will say that it played a big part in catching my eye in this particular trailer.  I love The Strokes...and I love this song. (No, Phoenix did not cover it, they are on the soundtrack, but they only do a couple songs.)

So for those of you that live in our area but  haven't been to a theater outside of our county, you may not have seen this preview, so this is for you.

No comments: