11.03.2010

 Smorgasbord

Not this:
A luncheon or supper buffet offering a variety of foods and dishes (as hors d'oeuvres, hot and cold meats, smoked and pickled fish, cheeses, salads, and relishes)

This:
An often large heterogeneous mixture.  (If you ask me, A letter perfect description of the world wide inter web.)

I have a great  jay oh be.  I get to converse with some of the most interesting, funny, smart,  and... creative people on the east coast. (and when I say funny, until you have an NJDB say with a straight face that he needs to be reimbursed for being forced to hire a "lady friend" because his flight back to Newark was cancelled, and he was unable to get home to have his girlfriend meet his "needs", you haven't heard funny.)  However, sometimes (usually always) it can be quite mind numbing.  It requires a lot of sitting in front of a computer with nothing to do. Some would refer to this as the most ridiculous waste of any one's time,  while I refer to it as an opportunity to grow. It's a time where I can quench my  thirst  for  the need to be filled with completely useless knowledge. So there I sit... Just me and my computer. So while I sit, I surf. It's fun. I especially enjoy reading other blogs. I love  getting insight into a random stranger's life. I  find their take on specific topics (that most would find completely useless) totally interesting. 

Here are some little gems that I have come across. Check them out. You can thank me later.

This guy. I don't know who he is, but he's awesome. 
The only thing that tops his ridiculous emails are the cockamamie
people that choose to banter with him.  


This is funny because it's called "The Internet Never Forgets".
 An indefectible name for a website that features past celebrity pictures. 
It's sad but true. The internet never does forget. 
Isn't that right, Jared Leto?




And Lastly,

Good F***ing Design Advice
When you come across a website, and it is called Good Design 
Advice, it'd probably be... well, a website with some good 
design advice. But throw the F-word between Good and 
Advice, and you've got something pretty f**king clever.

It features great advice like:
Question f***ing everything
 Break all the f***ing rules
Don't design in an f***ing vacuum

Good advice? Of course.
Funny as all get out?
You better f***ing believe it.

No comments: